Student drugged, raped for a year | Deccan Chronicle
Monday, Sep 15, 2014 | Last Update : 05:07 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

Student drugged, raped for a year

DC | K.K. Abdul Rahoof | 15th Sep 2013
Picture for representational purpose only.

Hyderabad: In a shocking incident, a 20-year-old polytechnic student was allegedly kidnapped and raped by the college canteen owner for almost 17 months at Santoshnagar. The police sat on the parents’ missing complaint all the  while.

Satya Prakash Singh, 34, a native of Bihar, who runs the canteen at TRR College of Technology at Meerpet, allegedly drugged the victim and tied her up in his flat.

The girl’s parents had approached the police in April 2012 when she went missing. However, the girl was not traced.

Police arrested Singh after booking a case for abduction and rape on Saturday. He claimed the girl had eloped with him.
The victim alleged that she was drugged by Singh on April 3, 2012, and was taken to his flat at Almasguda, Meerpet, where she was kept for a month.

“I was raped, tortured and drugged by him for one month in a room in his flat. Whenever I become conscious, I shouted for help. Then he would threaten to kill me and torture me more,” said the victim in the complaint.

After the house owner became suspicious, Singh shifted the girl to a flat at Gayatrinagar in Meerpet.  The girl said once she managed to call her mother from the accused’s mobile phone, after which the police was informed.

Cops had let off rape accused

Though police picked accused Satya Prakash Singh, he was let off after questioning.

“We took him into custody after we were alerted. He did not admit that he had kidnapped her,” Santoshnagar inspector K.V.M. Prasad said. However, the victim’s family alleged that Singh was let off after his brother reportedly influenced the police.

Meanwhile, after the accused was arrested, he claimed that the girl was in love with him, and she eloped with him.

Senior police officials from South Zone said that the police is verifying if the girl really eloped with the accused and later approached police after a fallout.

“We have started a probe checking all the allegations of the victim. The accused has been arrested and sent to judicial custody. More facts will come out after a detailed investigatio-n,” Mr Prasad said. The victim said she escaped when the accused fell asleep after getting drunk.

“After lunch, he raped me and slept off. As the door was open I ran out of the house,” she said.

Pages

Student rape: Accused booked under Nirbhaya Act