Protests against state division continue | Deccan Chronicle
Sunday, Apr 20, 2014 | Last Update : 01:01 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

Protests against state division continue

DC | 08th Sep 2013
Nellore MP Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy extends his support to the Vikrama Simhapuri University staff who are on hunger strike in Nellore on Saturday.	— DC
Nellore MP Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy extends his support to the Vikrama Simhapuri University staff who are on hunger strike in Nellore on Saturday. — DC

Nellore/Ongole: Brahmins Associations in Nellore took out a rally to mark their protest against the proposed division of the Andhra Pradesh from Potti Sriramulu statue to Madras bus stand at Nellore on Saturday.

The Brahmana Sangam leaders, Rallapalli Ramasubba Rao, Dr Ajay Kumar, Dr Nagadevi Prasad, Machavolu Ramesh Sarma, Vuchchi Bhvaneswara Prasad, Siromani Sarma, B. Sekhar and members of the Bharadwaja Rudrabhisheka Sangham took part in the rally.

Members of the Earthmoving Machines Owners Association also took out a rally and torched the effigy of the Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K. Chandrasekhar Rao.

The members of the Children’s Park Walkers Association cooked food on the road near the park as part of protest against bifurcation move.

The NMD trust has organised a procession with disabled decrying the move to separate the state.

In Ongole, the old students of P.V.R. High School performed a Homam seeking the blessings of divine forces to stop the division of the state on Saturday.

The students of P.V.R. High School and D.R.M. Municipal School have taken out a rally and formed a human chain at the Church Centre.

They raised slogans against KCR and Sonia Gandhi on the occasion. Youth Congress members also formed a human chain near the Church Centre.

Pages