Students to send postcards to PM | Deccan Chronicle
Friday, Jul 25, 2014 | Last Update : 05:07 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

Students to send postcards to PM

DC | 30th Aug 2013
Students of PET form a pyramid holding tricolour as part of Samaikyandhra stir at Fire Station centre at Eluru on Thursday. 	— DC
Students of PET form a pyramid holding tricolour as part of Samaikyandhra stir at Fire Station centre at Eluru on Thursday. — DC

Rajahmundry: Students are planning to send postcards and e-mails to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and other leaders opposing any proposed bifurcation of the state and demanding to keep the state united.

As part of the ongoing stir for Samaikyandhra, the Samaikya Rashtra Parirakshana Samiti comprising several joint action committees of NGOs, employees, advocates, students and others announced a series of plans to organise stir.

Accordingly, the students will be sending postcards on Friday and Saturday and send e-mails on September 2 to the Congress president and Prime Minister. Later, the supporters of Samaikyandhra perform 'Ksheerabhishekam' to the statues of Potti Sriramulu and organise a big rally at Pushkar ghat.

As part of the stir of Samaikyandhra, a series of protests were organised in the city on Thursday. YSRC supporters led by its senior leader Jakkampudi Vijayalakshmi laid seize to the NH-16 at Morampudi Junction.

The party supporters also organised rasta roko on NH-16 at Lalacheruvu Centre raising slogans for Samaikyandhra. To mark the national sports day being observed on Thursday, several students and physical education teachers organised a series of games and sports at Pushkar ghat.

At Ravulapalem, Kothapeta MLA Bandaru Satyananda Rao called upon the ministers, MPs, MLAs and MLCs from Seemandhra region to quit their posts and join the stir to give momentum to the stir to mount pressure upon the Congress leadership to withdraw its proposal to bifurcate the state. He underlined the importance of all political leaders to go beyond their party lines and fight together to keep the state united.

At Kovvur, ex-MLA Alla Nani cautioned that if the Congress leadership failed to withdraw its proposal, the party would lose its patronage in the state. At Eluru, a large number of supporters took out a rally from Indoor stadium to the Fire Station centre.

The students formed pyramids, mass drill and dances carrying the national flag to extend their support for Samaikyandhra. A public meeting was organised at the Fire Station centre where thousands of students took part. Speakers made it clear that they would no longer allow bifurcation of the state.

Pages