Schoolchildren dance for unity | Deccan Chronicle
Wednesday, Aug 27, 2014 | Last Update : 05:07 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

Schoolchildren dance for unity

DC | 24th Aug 2013
Thousands of college and school students participate in protest for a united state and stand in the formation of the Andhra Pradesh map and Samaikyandhra in Telugu letters at V.R. College ground in Nellore city on Friday.— DC

Nellore: Large number of students studying in different private and government schools in city took part in a protest against state division at V.R. College ground here on Friday.

The students stood in a formation that depicts Andhra Pradesh map and Samaikyandhra in words. Nellore rural legislator Anam Vivekananda Reddy and town MLA M. Sreedharkrishna Reddy addressed the students.

Aqua farmers have organised an impressive rally from Bypass Road in Rammurthy Nagar to V.R. College centre. The folk dances presented by them during the rally attracted the attention of locals. TD district unit president Beeda Ravichandra was also present in the rally apart from aqua farmers and traders.

The ongoing relay hunger strike of students and lecturers joint action committee of Vikrama Simhapuri University entered eighth day on Friday. Supporters of Venkatagiri legislator K. Ramakrishna enforced a bandh in Venkatagiri to mark their protest against police for foiling the indefinite fast of Ramakrishna on Thursday night.

Advocates took part in rely hunger strike, while Muslims conducted a rally at Atmakur. RTC staff and workers cooked food at bus station at Atmakur as part of the protest.

Telugu Desam politburo member Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy and party leader Bollineni Rama Rao took part in a 69 km motorcycles rally taken out by party cadres from Udayagiri to Jaladanki. Local doctors and advocates strongly objected the move to divide the state during demonstrations at Kavali.

Former legislator Katamreddy Vishnuvardhan Reddy visited the relay hunger strike venues of lawyers and different associations and expressed solidarity with the participants.

Samaikyandhra activists led by Surveypalli legislator Adala Prabhakar Reddy cooked food (vantavarpu) and served it to the locals at Manubolu. Traffic on the national highway came to a grinding halt when they played cricket on the road for a while.

Primary school students also disrupted the traffic movement on the national highway during a demonstration at Akkampeta in Tada mandal.

Samaikyandhra activists led by former legislator Polamreddy Srinivasulu Reddy staged a novel demonstration along with fishermen on the national highway at Kovur.

Pages