Two kids try to set themselves ablaze | Deccan Chronicle
Thursday, Jul 31, 2014 | Last Update : 05:07 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

Two kids try to set themselves ablaze

DC | 20th Aug 2013
Picture for representational purpose only.

Jupadubungalow (Kurnool): Two children tried to immolate themselves by dousing themselves in petrol during a rally in their village for Samaikyandhra in Mandlem village of Jupadubunglow in Kurnool district on Monday.

B. Jagan, 9, studying in Class IV and M. David, 12, studying in Class VI at MPUP school of Mandlem village suffered burn injuries in the incident.

Due to the Samaikyandhra agitation, schools were closed till Sunday and opened on Monday.

When the school was reopened, agitators led by Friends Youths Society in the village closed the school and took nearly 80 students in a procession towards Kurnool-Guntur national highway road about 200 metres away from the school at Mandlem.

The two students had reportedly brought small bottles of petrol with them. When the procession reached the NH Road, they poured petrol on their heads and set themselves ablaze.
By the time the leaders noticed the flames, the duo had suffered burn injuries.

The students had suffered burn injuries and were declared to be out of danger.

The villagers immediately shifted them to a private nursing home at Nandikotkur in Kurnool district. Doctor Ramesh, who was providing free treatment, said the students were out of danger but suffered burn injuries.

YSR Congress party leader Gouru Charitha had given Rs.3,000 towards medical aide. Parents of both students were the farm labourers depending on daily wage in the village.
They also said no other reason behind the attempt except inspired with Samikyandhra agitation.

Pages