Stirs to keep AP united continue | Deccan Chronicle
Sunday, Dec 21, 2014 | Last Update : 05:07 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

Stirs to keep AP united continue

DC | 16th Aug 2013
Rajahmundry Bar Association organises blood donation camp extending support to the ongoing Samaikyandhra agitation in Rajahmundry on Thursday. 	— DC
Rajahmundry Bar Association organises blood donation camp extending support to the ongoing Samaikyandhra agitation in Rajahmundry on Thursday. — DC

Rajahmundry: The ongoing Samaikyandhra agitation continued unabated with a several sections of the people organising a series of rallies, rasta rokos, dharnas and relay hunger strike and even blood donation camp at several parts in Godavari districts.

In Rajahmundry, local Bar Association and a voluntary agency Sanjeevini organised blood donation camp extending their support to the Samaikyandhra. Several volunteers offered their blood.

Speaking on the occasion, Seemandhra lawyers joint action committee convener Muppala Subba Rao said that they organised the blood donation camp in protest against how the emotions, sentiments and interests of the people from Seemandhra were put at stake by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and TRS president K. Chandrasekhar Rao.

Several members of Bar Association and also non-political JAC were taking part in the relay hunger strike for several days with an appeal to the Congress leadership to keep the state united together.

Supporters of Congress, Telugu Desam and YSR Congress, non-gazetted officers, students, traders and a cross sections of the people took out rallies, formed human chain and organised rasta roko and carried out mass preparation of food on the roads at several places as part of the stir. At Amalapuram, Pensioners’ Association members carried out relay hunger strike at Clock Tower Centre.

At Bhimavaram, several teachers and students from B.V. Raju College carried out a bike rally. The agitators carrying the national flag raised slogans for Samaikhyandhra.

Students from several educational institutions along with their teachers and various social groups and associations organised a series of protests at Prakasam Chowk in the town. At Bhimadole, members of Samaikhyandhra joint action committee paid tributes to the statue of Mahatma Gandhi by garlanding it at Gandhi Bomma Centre. At Gundugolanu village, Srikrishna Yadava Sangham members carried out a rally with sheeps and they swept the roads. Revenue employees staged dharna at the office of tahsildar.

District revenue association president B. Somasekhar said that the employees were resenting the unilateral decision taken by the Congress leadership on proposed bifurcation of the state and vowed to continue the stir until the Congress leadership withdraws its decision on Telangana.

At Eluru, several NGOs, RTC workers, students, members of political parties and social groups took part in the stir. A signature campaign was taken up seeking support for the ongoing stir for Samaikyandhra at Fire Station Centre.

Several citizens, students and Telugu Desam leaders appended their signatures extending their support. 

Pages