St. John's College Of Nursing Graduation Day held, 135 students graduated | Deccan Chronicle
Thursday, Sep 18, 2014 | Last Update : 05:07 PM IST
Prayers
Prayers

Fajar: 5.08 am 
Zohar: 12.13 pm 
Asar: 4.16 pm 
Maghrib: 5.59 pm  
Isha: 7.07 pm

You are here

St. John's College Of Nursing Graduation Day held, 135 students graduated

Agencies | 22nd Feb 2013
Students take pledge during the event.
Students take pledge during the event.

Bengaluru: The college day and graduation ceremony of St. Johns College Of Nursing was held at St John’s Auditorium on Friday.

The events were started off with the Eucharistic celebration in the morning.

The public function which began at 3 pm was presided over by K.S Prabhakara IAS, managing director, Karnataka urban water supply and drainage board, Bengaluru.

135 students of the following disciplines – M.Sc nursing, B.Sc nursing, post certificate B.Sc nursing, post basic diploma in oncology nursing and GNM nursing – graduated on this auspicious day.

Prof. Madonna britto, principal, College of Nursing, presented a brief report on various activities held during the academic year 2011-2012. Rincymol Raju, vice president, student nurses association presented the SNA report of the activities conducted during that year.

The college of nursing is all set to celebrate its silver jubilee in the year 2014.

K.S Prabhakara IAS, in his message to students, spoke about the strength of character of Johnites. He also mentioned St.John’s as the one of the best institutions that prepares young people to face realities of life.

Prabhakara termed nursing as the second best profession, the first being teaching. He concluded by wishing the graduates to do well, strive well and become good nurses but most importantly to be good human beings and bring pride to their families and the institution.

Fr.Lawrence D’Souza director SJNAHS presided over the function. The programme concluded with a cultural extravaganza by the students.

List of students who were awarded at the event

Academic:

• Highest marks scored by the graduating Basic B.Sc. Nursing: Shaifali Maria D’souza
  • Highest marks scored by the graduating Post Basic B.Sc Nursing: Christine Rosette Dkhar
  • Highest marks scored by the graduating GNM nursing: Anu Joseph
  • Highest marks scored by the graduating M.Sc nursing: Anila V.  Abraham

All-round awards

• The Bishop Percival  Fernandez cash award for the best all-rounder Basic B.Sc Nursing: Janis Paul
  • The Bishop Percival Fernandez cash award for the best all-rounder Post- Basic B.Sc Nursing: Anu James
  • The best all-rounder GNM Nursing:  Anu P. Joseph
  • The best all-rounder M.SC Nursing:  Maria Babu
  • Rev. Dr. Thomas Kalam, CMI, cash award for the best M.Sc nursing dissertation:  Bhise Kanchan Devidas
States: 

Pages